Sunday, June 26, 2005

Nurse Nellie Goes Political

Someone once said it's all political. For the past few years I've tried to pay attention to politics? Why in the world would a nurse ever want to do that you might ask- and that would be a good question.

My short answer: Because I believe in nursing. I believe in health care. I believe people have a right to determine their own life style, even if I don't agree with them. I believe in faith (couldn't have done the job without it) I believe in justice, integrity, honesty, accountability and mostly I beleive in individual people not systems. But the very short answer: Illness and Death is.

So what did I do? I tried to inform myself about political activities. NOT an easy job. I began to read info from the alternative press. (Hard to find unbiased non mega business sponsored information) I wrote letters to politicians, signed petitions, and even marched for a few situations I felt were of importance.

In order to figure out a little about how politics worked I even ran in a municipal election. (not that hard of a job, you just follow steps a -z and if you pick your location right you might even get the job because, no one else runs against you)

Now let's be honest here. I am just a nurse, don't get me wrong it is an honourable and useful calling. Or could be, if the profit mongers would butt out. I'm not a business person, not that I have anything against business. Let's face it, if you run a business with integrity, compassion, provide a good service and incorporate a decent work environment for fellow humans you have done an admirable thing. I am not a lawyer and can find no reasonable rationale that would allow some trespassing kid to sue someone because the kid slipped on a step where they were not supposed to be in the first place. Makes no sense to me.

So what did I learn re politics? Wow- it is a dollars focussing activity with the "real" power happening behind closed doors! And as far as I can figure out, I just don't see things the same way governments see things.

Dont' get me wrong. I met a few individually decent politicians, fine, caring people. But virtually powerless people spewing forth the party line. It seems there is a rule in Canadian politics that says you have to spew the party line or they shaft you. Now if you forbid open honest dialogue from people about solutions and tell everyone to speak the same tired, worn out blah, blah, blah, party line how in the world will you ever generate a solution to a situation?

Now that brings me back to trying to figure out how in the world I will ever cast a vote in the next upcoming federal election. If you haven't been watching, you might not realize we are in politcal crisis here in Canada.

We have crooks, big time, heavy handed, well financed crooks running the Canadian Political show. Either that, or the folks at the top have absolutely no comprehension of how the majority of Canadians live. -Two outside jobs just to make ends meet. Thank you feminist Betsy! Jobs worked by little folks until the middle of the year just to pay the taxes and big companies that take what wealth they do earn and stash it offshore somewhere so THEY don't pay taxes, while what taxes are collected are funneled into the coffers of folks who do not provide service.

Universal health care is one of the bones to be scrabbled over. Lets face it, health care is mega business. And lack of health care, when needed, has the added potential of scaring the bejebbers out of people.

Trust me when I say, illness and death does not care one iota about your colour, your sexual practices, your morallity, your ethics, how you vote or don't vote, who your friends are, what mega coporate enterprise you are the kingpin of or even which criminal element you run with.

Illness and death happens. Deal with it.

Then we have the enviornment another money making enterprise. It also has the added bonus of terrorizing the bejeebers out of the populace. After all haven't you heard we are dropping off like flies from the terrible earth we live in. (Blame it on the tobacco smokers and be sure to spend some health care dollars on the issue. While you're at it, deny services to tobacco smokers- scarey tactics) Or make it legally possible for one group of people to buy smokes cheaply and sell them to other folks on a black market. Just doesn't make sense to me. Of course we have this stuff called nuclear waste that no one knows what to do with, and Coal spewing plants in Ontario sending all that lovely stuff into the atmosphere, and companies producing plastic packaging that will take a life time to rot, but we all know it is not the fault of the big guy, it is the fault and reponsibility of the little guy to sort his trash, or get rid of his tobacco. Makes no sense to me.

Or make a law that runs up millions, oops thats billions, to register someones hunting rifle. Seems senseless to me, and I know squat about guns of any sort, but I don't think you need to be a philledelphia lawyer to figure out that the bad guys will not be registering firearms. And even if the homegrown boys do, how do we get the multinational crime lords to register their weapons?

Oh yeah, then we have that other party, the one that figured out how to allow multinationals to sue Canadian tax payers. Some kind of free trade thingie, makes sense to no one but business tycoons. And if Canadian business doesn't get in line, do what you can to cripple our wheat, potatoe, soft wood lumber, beef and fishing industries. But guess what, we still have water. Or do we?

And for God's sake what is the government doing by getting into the bedrooms of the populace. Who really cares who is sleeping with whom. Personally I don't care if someone wants to marry their tree as long as there is a mutual, consenual, non cohersive agreement who gives a rats bazooka? So Nurse Nellie decided the issues could not be addressed by being politcal and all it really accomplished was to tick me off.

At least not by politics the way I see it at the moment.

37 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Just visited your blog, it's great. I have a jobs seeking website which is informative and you can find info of different job natures, hope that it will be useful in your job seeking

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger blaze said...

I enjoyed your site very much it was a great help looking for info on health insurance denver.
I also have a site with information on health insurance denver and would appreciate it very much if you would take a look and give a critique.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous offshore company incorporation said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore platform foundation.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous w t offshore said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore tax haven.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous offshore company incorporation said...

Nurse Nellie, interesting post - this post.

Personally, I've always found offshore hedge funds to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with offshore hedge funds.

If offshore hedge funds also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous offshore tax haven said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with edison chouest offshore, so I created a website not long ago called just that - edison chouest offshore.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous offshore platform foundation said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with offshore platform foundation, so I created a website not long ago called just that - offshore platform foundation.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous w t offshore said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore company incorporation.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with offshore hedge funds, so I created a website not long ago called just that - offshore hedge funds.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous hsbc offshore said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with offshore platform foundation, so I created a website not long ago called just that - offshore platform foundation.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous hsbc offshore said...

Nurse Nellie, interesting post - this post.

Personally, I've always found edison chouest offshore to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with edison chouest offshore.

If edison chouest offshore also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous edison chouest offshore said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on w t offshore.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous hsbc offshore said...

Nurse Nellie, interesting post - this post.

Personally, I've always found offshore tax haven to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with offshore tax haven.

If offshore tax haven also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous offshore platform foundation said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore platform foundation.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with offshore platform foundation, so I created a website not long ago called just that - offshore platform foundation.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous offshore platform foundation said...

Nurse Nellie, interesting post - this post.

Personally, I've always found edison chouest offshore to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with edison chouest offshore.

If edison chouest offshore also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous edison chouest offshore said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore company incorporation.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous offshore platform foundation said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on edison chouest offshore.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous offshore platform foundation said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore tax haven.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous w t offshore said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore platform foundation.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with w t offshore, so I created a website not long ago called just that - w t offshore.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous offshore hedge funds said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore hedge funds.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous offshore tax haven said...

Nice blog :)......Interesting post on this post. Personally, I've always been fascintated with offshore hedge funds, so I created a website not long ago called just that - offshore hedge funds.

It'd be great if you were to drop by for a few seconds - have a look around, check out a few of the informative links I've got there.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Mega Health Insurance said...

Hi there! I didn't expect to find this blog when I was searching for info about Life And Health Insurance but I checked out your site and was impressed. Although I was looking specifically for feedback re Life And Health Insurance, I'm glad I took the time to check your site out. Great job and good luck.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous offshore hedge funds said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore hedge funds.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous edison chouest offshore said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on hsbc offshore.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous offshore tax haven said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore tax haven.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous charter boats said...

Hi
Thanks for putting such a nice blog out here for all of us to read. I have a fishing website if anyone's looking for a charter boat or fishing guide.

Regards
tackle stores

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous hsbc offshore said...

Nurse Nellie, interesting post - this post.

Personally, I've always found offshore platform foundation to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with offshore platform foundation.

If offshore platform foundation also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on .

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous w t offshore said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on offshore company incorporation.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous hsbc offshore said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on edison chouest offshore.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous offshore hedge funds said...

You must have spent a lot of time putting together your blog. You must be proud of it.

I am planning to start a blog soon - to go with my website on offshore platform foundation.

Do you have any advice for someone just starting their own blog?

If you do, do you think you could post a quick message on your blog here so all of us could benefit from your wisdom?

Thanks

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nurse Nellie, interesting post - this post.

Personally, I've always found edison chouest offshore to be very intriguing, and interesting, but not always very informative. So I did some research and started my own webpage to help people get started with edison chouest offshore.

If edison chouest offshore also piques your interest, come by when you've got a few seconds - check out the different resources listed. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous hsbc offshore said...

You've got a great blog here. Myself, I will be starting a blog shortly to complement my website on .

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP film editing classes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home